We are fundamentally concerned with protecting the health and safety of everyone at camp. This responsibility begins with prevention of illness and accidents. However, it is only normal to expect that among a camp family of hundreds of active adults and children, people become ill and accidents happen. We will always keep you well informed. Our procedure is to call you whenever your child is admitted to the infirmary overnight. If you will be traveling, please be certain to send your itinerary to the Camp Office.
It is mandatory that all medications & vitamins that need to be dispensed at camp go through Camp Meds for the safety of your child
This form is 4 pages long. The first 2 pages are for parents to complete and sign; this will allow us to treat your camper should she/he need to visit the infirmary. The last 2 pages are for your child’s physician to complete. You may attach immunization records and physical forms from the doctor’s office as well. Make sure the provider completes the applicable portions of those 2 pages *To submit your medical form you can use our fax back option, to upload them directly into your CampInTouch account or mail us a copy.
MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSE FORM:
This form must be completed with your credit card number, expiration date, CVV code, and a copy (front & back) of your insurance card. To submit your misc. exp form you can use our fax back option, to upload them directly into your CampInTouch account or mail us a copy
A few health reminders:
- Prescription Drugs - Charges for special individual prescriptions from our local pharmacy. (Please make sure to provide us with your insurance information, credit card number & V Code on the Misc. Expense Form.)
- Return your completed medical forms before May 1st. Not only can we review medical records early, but you can also please your doctor who is inundated with similar requests in June.
- No child will be admitted to camp without a completed medical form.
- Any camper who takes maintenance medication for any condition that will be discontinued during the summer must contact the camp office.
- Please make certain to sign the parent’s authorization on the medical form. Your child cannot receive emergency treatment without this signature.
- Please give us detailed health history and welfare instructions so that we may give your child proper attention.
- Sensitivity reactions to medications should be noted prominently on the medical form.
- Your child should visit the dentist shortly before camp to prevent trouble during the summer.
- If orthodontic appliances are worn, have a final checkup shortly before camp and equip your child with enough necessary items (rubber bands, wax, etc.) to last the summer.
- Provide an extra pair of eyeglasses, and enough contact lenses. A child who cannot see, cannot easily participate in camp activities.
- Please check your child’s hair carefully for lice. While at camp if your child is found to have head lice, we will wash their hair with the appropriate product. We will periodically conduct lice checks throughout the summer.
- Additionally, we want to ensure that all campers arrive healthy and ready for an amazing Raquette Lake summer. If your child has any type of illness symptoms (fever, chills, colds, nausea, etc), please call the camp at 315-354-4382 and keep them home. We would be very happy to pick them up when they are feeling better.